To request credentials for any MWXC event please fill out the following FORM.
The deadline to apply for credentials ends Friday at noon before each event. Staff will not answer applications after the deadline as they will be at the event.
All first-time applicants must submit published proof of prior news coverage. MWXC does not accept credential requests from individuals that are not affiliated with an industry news or photography business.
MWXC welcomes and appreciates coverage from members of the media. However, application for credentials does not guarantee approval. Members of the media are responsible for confirming their credentials before the event.
MWXC PHOTO POLICY
If you do not comply with this Photo Policy your privileges may be revoked and MWXC may take further action.
- MEDIA ACCESS.
- Terms of Access. This Photo Policy constitutes a limited license by MWXC to enter MWXC premises and shoot MWXC events. Use and reuse of all images shot is governed by this MWXC Photo Policy unless you have a separate written agreement with MWXC regarding your event photography, in which case, in the event of any conflict, the terms of that separate agreement shall prevail. Nothing herein constitutes a license to use marks of third parties, or authorizes you to use the name, image, or likeness of any recognizable person, whether a participant in the race or a spectator.
- Policy Changes. This Photo Policy is subject to change and compliance with the Photo Policy as in effect at each event is required.
- Credentials. If you are granted a pass you may enter the event and have access to all areas of the pits and track with the purpose of taking pictures. MWXC requires all media personnel on the track to wear a safety vest and vests are available at the registration trailer. The vest must be worn at all times during which pictures are taken in the pits or track. You must sign an MWXC Release and Waiver of Liability to receive a Pass. MWXC reserves the right to approve or deny all credential requests, and revoke credentials, prior to or during any event.
- Racing Surface. Photographers are not permitted on the track surface at any time during the event. Cameras and equipment cannot be mounted on or placed against any track fencing or object with twenty five feet of the racing surface. Photographers are not permitted in the starter’s box or on the racing surface (track, starting line) at ANY time during a live race.
- No Elevation. Please respect our spectators and our production crew. No ladders, step stools or other devices are allowed.
- Track Crossing. If crossing to the other side of the track, walk cautiously and quickly. Riders are not responsible for you!
- 25’ Limit. The beginning of the photo area shall begin at a point of 25 feet from the track surface. You are not permitted to be closer than 25 feet of the racing at any time.
- No Flash. No flash photography is allowed as it presents a danger to riders and their ability to navigate the track.
- No Airborne Devices. No airborne devices of any kind (e.g., remote controlled helicopter or quadcopter, “drone,” or any other airborne device) are allowed. Ejection from the facility and/or confiscation of the device may result in the sole and absolute discretion of MWXC, facility personnel and/or law enforcement.
- Compliance with the Direction of Staff; Non-Interference with Event. Do not interfere or impede any spectators, track crew, other media personnel, or the conduct of the race or any part of the event. Follow all instructions of MWXC personnel.
- Media Vest. A safety vest must be worn at all times while around or near the racing surface. Please return the vest to the registration trailer upon completion of your assignment. A fee may be assessed to holders of unreturned vests.
- Attire. You must wear a shirt with fully-covered shoulders and shoes with closed heels and toes (no open toed shoes, sandals, clogs, slides, etc.).
- ACCREDITATION; USE OF IMAGES; GRANT OF LICENSE TO MWXC.
- Legitimate Media Assignment Required. Only accredited photographers on assignment for an MWXC recognized news media outlet or other MWXC accepted media outlets will be permitted to photograph MWXC events. MWXC has the sole discretion to determine who is or is not MWXC recognized.
- No Freelancing. Freelance photographers are not permitted without specific assignment as expressly permitted by MWXC. A photo credential is required.
- No Commercial Use. All use and reuse of all images obtained at any MWXC event for commercial purposes is prohibited except in accordance with a written license from MWXC. To inquire about licensing of event photos for commercial purposes, please contact MWXC.
- No Photographer Use of Photography on Social Media. Any and all use of your photography on your own social media accounts is not permitted without specific written approval by MWXC.
- Grant of License to MWXC. You hereby grant MWXC (and will further document if deemed necessary by MWXC and upon MWXC’s request) a perpetual, worldwide, fully paid up, royalty-free license to use your photography for editorial and promotional purposes, including without limitation in print, online and in MWXC’s social media.